Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gotta Have Goals!

Like I said the other day when I started this blog one of my main reasons for starting it is to make goals and stick to them. That being said, let's start listing! These are all pretty big and general but I will break them down into more detail in their own posts, but here's a start!

Financial Goals
-Pay off debts by focusing on paying them down one at a time
-Have at least 6 months savings in the bank
-Save money with cost cutting tips (coupons, clearance, etc)

Health Goals
-Lose 25 pounds by June/July in order to feel healthier
-Work out at least 3 times a week in a gym, class, or dvd
-Add one physical class or activity I enjoy to reduce stress and improve health
-Drink only diet soda (I know it would be better to give it up all together but I need some vices)
-Eat breakfast more often
-Eat healthier, more often, and in smaller quantities
-Attempt a half-marathon or race of some kind by the end of the year
-Get more sleep
-Cook more often at home.

Craft Goals
-Try a new craft at least once a month

Etc. Goals
-Relax and stress less
-Remove unnecessary stress's in my life, and don't be afraid to say "no"
-De-clutter the house every night and stop letting things pile up
-Keep up on laundry
-Get rid of un-needed clothes, books, etc. and give to goodwill
-Participate in "Light The Night" and "Operation Christmas Child"
-Participate in a charity type activity at lest once a month (other than giving blood, which Chris and I already do at least every other month).

3 comments:

  1. Amber these are fantastic goals! I'm working on a "one new recipe a week" goal right now... and taking classes at my local gym. I got 2x a week under my belt but now I sooo need to add more!

    Thanks for finding me in blog land! Stop by again soon! <3 I'm following ya now too!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber!!!! Thanks so much for being my newest follower on Budget Blonde! I'm headed to follow you too!! Those are some awesome goals. I'm the worst about laundry. I tend to just do one load when I need it which inevitably adds up. Grrrrrr. Can't wait to see what you do with your journey as I have lots of similar goals of living healthier and constantly challenging myself to get finances in better shape! So nice to meet ya!

    xoxo
    Cat @ BudgetBlonde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn and Cat,

    Thanks ladies! To be honest your blogs were my inspiration for making one of my own. I love all of your posts and creative ideas!

    Amberlynn @ItsMyBeautifullMess

    ReplyDelete