Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Here are some pictures of the Valentine’s Day treats I made!



This is a gift that I made for my step mom for being so kind and taking care of me when I was sick a few weeks ago and letting my stay over for a few nights. And the whole thing only cost me under $4.00!

Basket- .25 from the thrift store
Picture Frame- .50 from Christmas Tree Shop (1/2 all Valentine’s Day Items!)
Box of Chocolate- 50 from Christmas Tree Shop (1/2 all Valentine’s Day Items!)
Giant Diamond Ring- .8 from Christmas Tree Shop (SUPER clearance)
Burt's Bees- $1.50 from Target (bought on after Christmas clearance with a gift card)
Japanese Cherry Blossom Lotion- FREE, LuvBBW Club
Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Spray- FREE, LuvBBW Club
Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Wash- FREE, LuvBBW Club
White ribbon- FREE, I got it off a bag of candy I had been given earlier in the week
Body sponge- FREE, this is a re-gifted item (yes, I'm guilty) from a Christmas basket I'd been given. I have WAY too many of these so I thought I'd clear some clutter and share the wealth.

TOTAL COST- $3.55!







Here are two candy bouquets that I made for Chris, and the total cost for both was under $5.00!

Baskets- .50 each from Thrift Store
Stuffed Bear- $1.00 from Thrift Store
Box of Chocolates- .50 from Christmas Tree Shop (1/2 Valentine’s Day Stuff)
Decorations- $2.00 from Christmas Tree Shop
Misc. Chocolate Fillers- FREE with coupons from Christmas sales
Candy Bags/Bars- FREE with coupons

 TOTAL- $4.00!


 

Here are some treats that a baked for a woman at work's 40th birthday. I'm pretty proud of how they came out.

-Giant cupcake with a dark chocolate cake base and a white chocolatecake top.
-Milk chocolate cupcakes with chocolate candy centers and butter cream icing
-Dark chocolate cake truffles with chocolate gnash coating



This is just some pictures to tell you about how Chris and I saved big on our Valentine’s Day date. First we went out to Chilies for dinner where we got an appetizer, two entrees, and dessert all for $12 (that was the tip) after gift card that covered the meal and a coupon for a free dessert. Then we went to see Gnomeo and Juliet 3D for FREE with movie passes we had gotten for Christmas. While we were at the movie we had pop, candy, and popcorn all packed and brought from home. Without coupons, gift cards, and packing this night would have cost us well over $60.00. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!! Those are some ADORABLE gift baskets. You are so crafty! I never would have thought to do that and love the budget friendlyness of it all of course!

    xoxo
    Cat @ BudgetBlodne

    ReplyDelete